Sunday, January 23, 2011

HDR!

For my "Take a Photo a Day for Fifty Days Challenge" I finally had some success with my little experiment, which was HDR images. Basically a HDR image is taking multiple photos with different exposures to combine to make a overall correctly exposed photo. For example with this photo I exposed the camera for the sky in one photo, then another for the buildings, & then one in between. Pretty much you have to have your camera on a tri-pod to keep the same exact shot. When I finally got home I brought the photos into a program called Photomatix which takes all the over exposed areas of the photo & combines all three photos into one. I played with the settings & was getting use to it since I'm pretty new to the program, after I opened up the photo & changed the levels & colors a bit.

Exposed for Sky:


Exposed for Buildings


Middle Exposure


Day 15/50

No comments:

Post a Comment