Monday, April 4, 2011

Glitch Effect

I've been working on another side project for my reel to spice it up, limiting to 5 seconds or so. The project is really intensive with the style of a corrupted video file effect. I've been using pretty much all in house after effects effects except one, which is separating the RBG channels. I could achieve the effect with out the plug-in but just makes it easier using it.

The original thing that spiced up this project was the tutorial "De-sync Expressions Tutorial by Sebastian" on greyscalegorilla.com. I was playing around with the expression the tutorial explored but instead of using arrows I used 3D rings that rotated in 3D space rather then just it's position. The look of the 3D rings looked a bit sci-fi so I started to build elements & kept going with it.

Glitch Effect Project Screen Cap 01

Glitch Effect Project Screen Cap 02

De-sync Expressions Tutorial by Sebastian

No comments:

Post a Comment