Thursday, April 14, 2011

NES Controller!

Today I set out to finish up my GameCube model with adding a couple things to finish it up but then still had the urge to model some more. I already had the NES Controller in mind to model so I went straight to it. This time around though I wanted to do it cleaner & more organized. Since I didn't have the physical controller, I know such a crime to not have a NES system, I had to look up some details & get some high resolution images to paint my textures.

I started out modeling with Adobe Illustrator creating the paths then exporting it to Cinema 4D. I made sure to keep the hierarchy clean this time with naming & 'n what not.

I haven't touched the UV tools yet in Cinema 4D so I thought it to be perfect start out with this model to learn UV texturing, it was a simple model so it would be easy. I'm already really familiar with the concept of UV mapping, texturing, 'n what not with Maya, just didn't know my way around the buttons with the Cinema 4D.

The results went pretty well, just need to adjust the materials a bit to make it more of a plastic look but I wasn't too concentrated on that. Just wanted it to look presentable for the most part.

NES Controller Render 01

No comments:

Post a Comment